focus is making
an impact on the health of our community.
We all want to live a life of abundance. We aim to achieve this by supporting our local farmers and vendors whenever possible; by following sustainable practices with eco-friendly disposables and composting, and by serving the most nutrient-dense food and drink options for a feeling of vitality.
Let’s talk ingredients.
We make it our priority to find the healthiest ingredients from the best sources. That means we strive to source as close to 100% organic as possible while emphasizing support of small, local farms and vendors. All of our disposables are eco-friendly. All of our produce scraps are composted for use by Blended Acres Homestead located in Exeter, PA.
Juice. Smoothies. Bowls. & more!
We serve local Greek yogurt parfaits, baked oatmeal, seasonal soups, sandwiches, salads and other plant based options!
Meet the passionate individuals who firmly support our core values and mission.
We are servant leaders: we believe in serving the community, community outreach, and are relationship-focused first and foremost. We believe in education as the foundation of our business and its success based on how it can positively impact the overall health of those we serve. The main reason for starting this business was to fill the gap of affordable, organic, grab ‘n go nutrition delivered by people passionate about this industry and its mission. We want our county to be defined as a place for positive energy, abundant economics, and HEALTH.
- Joel MoceriCo-Founder & Managing DirectorJoel MoceriCo-Founder & Managing DirectorJoel has been a resident of Berks County all of his life. He participated in a variety of sports growing up but fell in love with running. At Wyomissing HS, he culminated a successful running career by earning a scholarship to run for Penn State and acquiring the nickname “wheels.” During his 5 year experience at Penn State, Joel graduated with degrees in Kinesiology and Recreational Management. He was a 4x All-Big Ten academic recipient and earned 1st Team All-NCAA Eastern Regionals on his home course his senior year in cross country. His contributions as a DJ while living in the track house might arguably be his biggest accomplishment, however. Such is life, adversity hit. With the compounding effects of the real world out of college, complications in the health of his family, and poor nutrition, Joel’s health took a turn for the worse. He was diagnosed with anxiety and depression but did not quite understand how or why. After 8 years of traditional medical treatment with varying levels of severity and no end in sight, Joel turned to a more integrative health approach with his treatments, which included a drastic change in his nutrition. In addition to yoga, daily meditation, prayer, acupuncture, tapping, and belief training, he began eating with an emphasis on local, organic, and seasonal food options. Until all of these changes were implemented consistently did he finally break free of the daily ailments that he thought would be with him for the rest of his life. Joel decided to move away from a career in personal training, coaching, and the specialty running industry to pursue that of servicing others in the food and nutrition industry. Gaining valuable experience in the industry from serving as the Director of Business and Community Development at The Farmhouse Kitchen in West Reading allowed him to help found Good Life Organics with Conor and Courtnie. Joel lives and breathes an active and healthy lifestyle because it saved his life. He relishes any opportunity to educate and promote an integrative approach to health. His passion is relationship development, sharing an enthusiasm for taking interest in others and offering support in any way. Outside of his health interests, Joel is a diehard Philadelphia and Penn State sports fan. He enjoys the opportunity to dance all night amidst a considerably younger crowd while seeing his favorite international djs in concert. It took many years, but he’s now an active antique hunter and can be found antiquing weekly.
- Britt MoceriJuice Bar Team MemberBritt MoceriJuice Bar Team Member
Britt is a school teacher at Lauer’s Park Elementary in the Reading School District. She never really believed in living a healthy lifestyle as she grew up eating typical ‘Berks County’ food and never exercised. In 2011, Britt found a passion for running and, within a few years, completed her first half marathon. Her eating had improved slightly, but her focus was more on exercising and becoming a better runner. In 2015, Britt found herself in a very bad place. Her depression and anxiety became so severe to the point where she no longer enjoyed life. She knew she had to buckle down in order to find happiness and turned to exercise and healthier eating to lead the charge. Britt signed herself up for her first marathon to keep her motivation and confidence up. Unfortunately, her knees had other plans. She soon developed severe pain, ended up on a long road of physical therapy, and tried every option presented to her from her traditional doctor. Her depression began to come back as she found herself unable to run and making little progress with treatments. Thankfully, Joel re-entered her life and helped her focus on eating healthy and organic foods. Soon after, Britt found herself buying organic food and becoming more conscious about household products and products she was using on her body. Ask her 5 years ago if she envisioned herself where she is now and she would have laughed. Organic? Too expensive! Kale? Eww, it’s green! Toothpaste? Is that even important to pay attention to? Now she can never imagine going back to her old lifestyle. Healthy eating and exercise have become a huge importance to her everyday lifestyle. She is so thankful for the opportunity to be part of a business with others who share her same passion for overall health!
- Maranda AlbinJuice Bar Team LeaderMaranda AlbinJuice Bar Team Leader
Residing in the Berks County area her whole life, Maranda Albin grew up in an active, health conscientious household. Constantly active in multiple sports, her main passions included field hockey and running. In high school, she discovered that she has a gluten intolerance. This diagnosis propelled her to become not only interested in fitness, but nutrition as well. In 2019, she graduated from Reading Area Community College with her Associates in Business Management. While looking to combine her active roots and education, she found Good Life Organics.
She continues to live a healthy lifestyle, by actively weightlifting, running, and hiking. Her main fitness inspirations include Whitney Simmons, Stephanie Buttermore, and Natacha Oceane. To fuel these workouts, she is often experimenting in the kitchen with gluten free recipes!
Outside of her passion for a healthy lifestyle, she loves listening to R&B/Hip-Hop/Rap music, and frequently attends concerts for her favorite artists. Most recently, she developed a passion of collecting CDs and vinyl. In addition to being an avid music fan, she has a love for animals. Currently, she is a cat mom of one for a cute, but very mischievous, fur baby.
- Miranda ShollenbergerJuice Bar Team MemberMiranda ShollenbergerJuice Bar Team Member
Growing up in Hamburg until 18 to move only 20 minutes away, Miranda Shollenberger has always been living an active, artistic lifestyle. She has always found a love in sports, from being a triathlete in high school to an all-year-round softball player. In 2016, she began at Kutztown University where college consumed her life. Her family has a history of extreme anxiety that Miranda inherited, and she suffered from it severely in college. Anxiety came with depression, which affected her physical health and caused a major weight loss. After seeking professional help, she went back to her therapist she had seen since the age of 16. Talking about her anxiety and helping others through film was a huge coping mechanism along with many others. She also found a release from anxiety through exercise and diet, so Good Life Organics is a perfect fit. She could also fulfill her love for videography at the company, too.
Some of those other coping mechanisms turned into hobbies for Miranda. Since she was young, she has always loved running long distances. An avid gym-goer, she tries to run 5 miles every time in order to enter for 5Ks. She enjoys BMX biking in her backyard in the woods or at the skateparks throughout Berks County. The same longboard she has had since 2014 is what she cruises around on downtown. Suffering from cuts and bruises from those hobbies, she also loves tending to her plants inside and outside, leading to a passion for landscaping at her home. Her plant obsession turns over into her coloring books related to plants, drawings, paintings, writing, etc. as she has loved creativity from a young age. She expresses her emotions through art, so if you see her tattoos she has drawn the majority of them. Her love for animals is bigger than her heart. In her other spare time, she spends it with her cats and girlfriend who also went to school for the same thing.
With all these activities, Miranda puts her major to use. She went to school for Cinema, Television and Media Production, just a fancy word for videography. She enjoys all media from horror movies to comedies to YouTube videos to video games. Whether it’s her plants, animals, food, etc, Miranda will film it and edit a video to show her friends. She loves being behind the camera and she will be at Good Life Organics showing how the goods are made. Her lifelong dream is to own her own coffee shop that is movie-themed.
Being healthy has been embedded in Miranda since she was young. Now, she wants to share the word about the ways of being healthy mentally and physically through videos. Good Life Organics will help get this message across.
- Olivia ScheipeJuice Bar Team MemberOlivia ScheipeJuice Bar Team Member
A Berks County resident, Olivia graduated from Muhlenberg High School in 2019. She is a fashion enthusiast that lives a healthy and on-the-go lifestyle. She currently attends Albright College for a degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising with a co-major of Business Management. Olivia strives to get good grades while also keeping up with her busy work schedule. On campus, she is a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority and Secretary of the Commuter Student Association. In her free time, Olivia loves to go on runs, travel, and spend time with her family and friends.
Olivia is excited to be working with Good Life Organics as she can learn more knowledge on how to eat healthy and inspire others to live an organic, healthy lifestyle!
- Maddie HaunJuice Bar Team MemberMaddie HaunJuice Bar Team Member
Born and raised on the eastern shore of Maryland, Madison Haun grew up on the water and has surely become no stranger to seafood. However, with an aspiration to travel out of the state to develop a new sense of self, Maddie moved to Pennsylvania to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences at the Pennsylvania State University, hoping one day to attend P.A. School for her Masters.
One thing is for sure though—living on your own and supporting yourself is no easy task, especially with the stresses of college. So, after taking some time to reflect on her current conditions, Maddie realized she needed to adopt a healthier, more active lifestyle in order to become a happier version of herself. Little did she know that meant many calls to her mom for cooking tips, but overtime the skills came naturally and her drive to learn more about health and nutrition grew.
By eating right and taking the few extra steps a day, Maddie began to see a positive change in mind and body and felt passionate about sharing her journey with others. As a result, Maddie came across Good Life Organics and connected to their mission of providing and sharing quality organic food to the community and has thus been a team member ever since. Although, with some extra down time to spare, you can definitely find her curled up with her two cats, who happen to love leafy greens almost as much as she does!
- Korin PlylaharnJuice Bar Team MemberKorin PlylaharnJuice Bar Team Member
Korin grew up in Reading, PA and left when she was 20 to serve in the United States Navy. During her time in the military she lived in Yokosuka, Japan and deployed to most of Asia. Her travels led her to experience many different cultures, traditions and foods. Although most of her time in the Navy was positive, sometimes the conditions pushed her physical and mental health to its limits. She shortly realized in order to live well in such an extreme environment, she would have to learn methods to maintain a healthy balance, physically and mentally. She found that practicing “flexibility” in all aspects of life allowed her to adapt well in the face of adversity.
Korin recently returned to the Reading area and is actively pursuing her degree in Business Management. She dedicates her free time to drawing, yoga and breathing exercises. She believes there are three main components needed to truly live a healthy lifestyle, physical and mental well being and good food for fuel! She came across Good Life Organic Kitchen on her search to find a cozy hang out spot that provided positive vibes and good eats. Her life goal is to align her career choice with a path focused around happiness to reach ultimate success and live her best life. She truly believes that Good Life Organic Kitchen is a major step in the right direction and is overjoyed to be a part of the team!
Don’t take our word for it – here’s what our customers say: