At Good Life Organics, our primary focus is making an impact on the health of our local community so that we all can live a life of abundance. We aim to achieve this by supporting our local farmers whenever possible; by following sustainable practices with eco-friendly disposables and composting; and by serving the most nutrient dense food and drink options for a feeling of vitality.
Our main offerings include smoothies, smoothie bowls, and cold-pressed juices. We also serve local Greek yogurt parfaits, baked oatmeal, seasonal soups, sandwiches, and now bone broth! Superfoods are a big deal around here. From an extensive add-on list to being incorporated into traditional café drinks, there are no shortcomings when it comes to our love for superfoods. We just hope you’re adventurous enough to try something unique!
In addition to our menu items, we always have 4 rotating taps of Baba’s Brew kombucha and Backyard Beans nitro cold brew coffee. Growler and growlette fill-ups are encouraged! Our retail market area features: a functional beverage bottle shop featuring an extensive variety of superfood beverages; energy and wellness shots; granola, energy bars, and chocolates; superfood supplements; and an assortment of products from local vendors.
We are servant leaders: we believe in serving the community, community outreach, and are relationship focused first and foremost. We believe in education as the foundation of our business and its success based on how it can positively impact the overall health of those we serve. The main reason for starting this business was to fill the gap of affordable, organic, grab ‘n go nutrition delivered by people passionate about this industry and its mission. We want our county to be defined as a place for positive energy, abundant economics, and HEALTH.
Our everyday focus is on accessibility of our healthy offerings, so we provide online ordering, delivery, curbside pick-up, and prepared take-out meals (grab n go fridge) that focus on Vegan and GF options. We pride ourselves in supporting other small, local businesses and collaborating with them. Here is a list of those businesses: Half Dozen Café, Barbell Plates, IM Able Foundation, Akron House Tea, Wholesome Dairy Farms, RiJuice, Lancaster Farmacy, Sol Kitchen Studios, Backyard Beans, Baba’s Brew, Goose Lane Egg Farm, Awesome Foods, and Daily Loaf Bakery.
- Joel MoceriDirector of Integrative Health & Managing Director
- Joel MoceriDirector of Integrative Health & Managing DirectorJoel has been a resident of Berks County all of his life. He participated in a variety of sports growing up but fell in love with running. At Wyomissing HS, he culminated a successful running career by earning a scholarship to run for Penn State and acquiring the nickname “wheels.” During his 5 year experience at Penn State, Joel graduated with degrees in Kinesiology and Recreational Management. He was a 4x All-Big Ten academic recipient and earned 1st Team All-NCAA Eastern Regionals on his home course his senior year in cross country. His contributions as a DJ while living in the track house might arguably be his biggest accomplishment, however. Such is life, adversity hit. With the compounding effects of the real world out of college, complications in the health of his family, and poor nutrition, Joel’s health took a turn for the worse. He was diagnosed with anxiety and depression but did not quite understand how or why. After 8 years of traditional medical treatment with varying levels of severity and no end in sight, Joel turned to a more integrative health approach with his treatments, which included a drastic change in his nutrition. In addition to yoga, daily meditation, prayer, acupuncture, tapping, and belief training, he began eating with an emphasis on local, organic, and seasonal food options. Until all of these changes were implemented consistently did he finally break free of the daily ailments that he thought would be with him for the rest of his life. Joel decided to move away from a career in personal training, coaching, and the specialty running industry to pursue that of servicing others in the food and nutrition industry. Gaining valuable experience in the industry from serving as the Director of Business and Community Development at The Farmhouse Kitchen in West Reading allowed him to help found Good Life Organics with Conor and Courtnie. Joel lives and breathes an active and healthy lifestyle because it saved his life. He relishes any opportunity to educate and promote an integrative approach to health. His passion is relationship development, sharing an enthusiasm for taking interest in others and offering support in any way. Outside of his health interests, Joel is a diehard Philadelphia and Penn State sports fan. He enjoys the opportunity to dance all night amidst a considerably younger crowd while seeing his favorite international djs in concert. It took many years, but he’s now an active antique hunter and can be found antiquing weekly.
- Ariana MileyJuice Bar Team Member
- Ariana MileyJuice Bar Team Member
Ariana Miley is a 20yr old certified yoga instructor who is passionate about introducing daily habits that could help to change people’s lives for the better. As Ariana began to further her yoga practice years ago, she realized the importance of eating nutritious whole foods. When she added more leafy greens and fruits to her diet she noticed she felt much more energized and clear-minded. Ariana enjoys sharing how changing to an organic and holistic lifestyle has helped her to improve her quality of life overall, in every aspect. Ariana is very excited to be a part of the Good Life Organics team so that she can continue to help educate the public on the correlation between eating good, feeling good, and living the Good Life!
- Britt O'BrienJuice Bar Team Member
- Britt O'BrienJuice Bar Team MemberBritt is a school teacher at Lauer’s Park Elementary in the Reading School District with a dream of becoming a Physical Therapy Assistant. She never really believed in living a healthy lifestyle as she grew up eating typical ‘Berks County’ food and never exercised. In 2011, Britt found a passion for running and, within a few years, completed her first half marathon. Her eating had improved slightly, but her focus was more on exercising and becoming a better runner. In 2015, Britt found herself in a very bad place. Her depression and anxiety became so severe to the point where she no longer enjoyed life. She knew she had to buckle down in order to find happiness and turned to exercise and healthier eating to lead the charge. Britt signed herself up for her first marathon to keep her motivation and confidence up. Unfortunately, her knees had other plans. She soon developed severe pain, ended up on a long road of physical therapy, and tried every option presented to her from her traditional doctor. Her depression began to come back as she found herself unable to run and making little progress with treatments. Thankfully, Joel re-entered her life and helped her focus on eating healthy and organic foods. Soon after, Britt found herself buying organic food and becoming more conscious about household products and products she was using on her body. Ask her 5 years ago if she envisioned herself where she is now and she would have laughed. Organic? Too expensive! Kale? Eww, it’s green! Toothpaste? Is that even important to pay attention to? Now she can never imagine going back to her old lifestyle. Healthy eating and exercise have become a huge importance to her everyday lifestyle. She is so thankful for the opportunity to be part of a business with others who share her same passion for overall health!